What were the top three memorable moments on your wedding day? Why?
Carrie (The Bride):
1. The day started with so much chaos and panic to get last minute things together and 1.5 years of planning and so much money came down to that one day. But when I got to the moment where I was hiding out just before walking down the aisle I was filled with excitement and anticipation of seeing Stephen. I felt the butterflies of falling in love all over again and felt overwhelmed with love and happiness.
2. I really enjoyed taking the photos with Stephen right after the ceremony. It felt like we slipped away on a secret date during our own party. So much fun and super romantic.
3. The amazing lion dance performance.
Stephen (The Groom):
1. Being just about ready to walk down the aisle and realizing I had forgotten Carrie’s ring at the reception location. Had to have Carrie’s brother run and go get it for us.
2. Watching Carrie walk down the aisle and listening to her vows
3. Enjoying the first dance and being caught up in the moment
Where are you going for your honeymoon? Any special reason for going there?
We will be travelling to Mexico because beaches, pina coladas, and no cell phone service. Nuff said.
What are the best wedding advice that you want to share with other couples?
Make a promise to yourself that no matter what happens, that on your wedding day you will have one of the best days of your life. We are sure so many things didn’t go according to plan but when you’re so happy, you have no idea anything went wrong and it doesn’t matter.
Forget the chair covers. No one will remember if you even had them. In other words, don’t sweat the small stuff.
Choose your top 3-5 things you wont cut corners/cheap out on (of course within reason). We chose our photographers, our food, our venue and our officiant. Everything else we decided based on what was left in the budget. – This becomes really important when the pressure sets in. Its easy to fight with each other when you are worried about the money. Hire/plan/book those 3-5 things EARLY AS POSSIBLE. Its the best way to guarantee you get exactly what you want ESPECIALLY if you have a summer wedding. We booked our top 4 things right away and got our top choice on everything. Wedding websites are super helpful.
Take dance lessons together. Its so much fun. Especially if you’re a terrible dancer.
Help each other out! Consult each other when you are struggling. Wedding planning blows. We promise that in the end it is so worth it.
Plan early. Make lists. Its the best way to get exactly what you want.
Hire Yueko Image. You simply can't go wrong with the best!